Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Note-Taking

Pay attention:
York University was founded on March 26,1959.
Although he is 49 years old, he is younger university in the world. Happy Birthday!

Anna and I attended to the workshop. The teacher taught us how to take the notes, but I still felt difficult to taking notes when I heard the lecture which was recorded. There are five methods to taking notes, such as cornell, outlining, mapping, charting and sentence. The teacher said she always use cornell method because this way not only is suit for herself, but also it helps her to review and remenber easier.
As far as I am concerned, I love to use mapping, charting and sentence. Mapping is easier to draw and understand; charting is useful to organizing, especially to history; sentence, which is you only put abbreviates or symbols in your notes, but you should organize in time because you will forget it quickly.
Listening the lecture is difficult to us because we are not English speaker, and we are learning. I am worry about my future classes because there are a lot of new words for me and I am difficult to catch the main idae. All in all, I only have one way which is try to practise more, to improve my English.

No comments: